Please “BE THE REASON WE HAVE A SEASON” by following these COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures:
Please do your part and do not visit Canyon Ski Resort if:
You are ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- You, or anyone in your household, has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- You, or anyone in your household, has been in close contact with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You are currently being investigated for a suspected case of COVID-19
- You are currently required by Alberta Health Services to isolate or be in quarantine
*Last Updated: Dec 15, 2020*
General Overview & Safety Protocols
- We have a lot of signage installed around the resort to encourage all guests to self-regulate social distancing when in the parking lots, inside and outside the lodge.
- All staff, volunteers, and guests are required to wear face coverings from the moment you arrive. You are only permitted to remove your face covering while eating or drinking. No exceptions.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures have been implemented
- There will be a reduced maximum number of people allowed inside the lodge including the main area, rental shop, and upstairs cafeteria and lounge. As a result, we encourage people to come inside only when necessary and not plan to meet or socialize inside. No one is permitted inside the lodge to get dressed (there is no longer a seating area to get ready in the main floor lobby) you must arrive ready.
- NO outside food or beverages are permitted upstairs in the Cafeteria or Lounge due to decreased seating capacity.
- Hill hours will be different as schools are not permitted to come in the mornings due to bussing.
- The hill may close at -25 degrees Celsius due to restricted lodge access. These changes will be communicated on our website and via our social media channels.
- All staff will be required to do a health screening before every shift and staff who are ill will not be permitted to work.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the lodge
- Wherever possible, physical distancing of two meters will be required.
- Watching Passes are no longer available for spectating. If you need to be out on the beginner slope you must purchase a Foot Pass.
Accessibility & Drop-off
This year, we have specific Entry and Exit signs in the lodge, please follow them. This is to encourage appropriate distancing and guest safety.
We are modeling New Zealand’s moto of “your car is your basecamp.” Limited lockers and cubbies will be available in the main floor lodge for children’s backpacks. NOTE: There will be ZERO places to sit to get dressed and ready in the lodge, you need to come dressed and ready to go. (This means putting ski/snowboard boots on in the parking lot, or on the picnic tables outside.
- Main-floor lodge access will be only for bathrooms and limited cubbies and lockers.
- Please leave bags and personal items in your vehicle as there will be limited storage space
- There will be limited lockers available for day use. We suggest bringing only what you need to the hill or packing a small backpack you can take on the hill with you.
- No parking out front in the designated handicap stalls.
As always we will aim to have the upper road to the upper parking lot open on weekends and holidays. We are trying to have the upper road open sooner in December if possible. Parents will still be permitted to drop off both up top and in front of the lodge, in a STOP and GO fashion, NO parking.
Day Lift Tickets & Season Passes
We ask that only one person per party go inside to make the lift ticket purchase. You will be able to pre-purchase lift tickets online for a 5% discount but they can only be purchased a minimum of one day before (until noon). Tickets can be pre-purchased HERE.
- Lift tickets are only valid for the day they are purchased. No rainchecks, no refunds, or credits will be provided for unused tickets. Tickets may be limited so that we may encourage social distancing within peak times, so it’s best to buy ahead. You will be given an online receipt that you will present at the ticket window to redeem your valid lift ticket. We will have markers to help with social distancing but ask that you leave at least 6 feet of distance between parties while waiting.
- Ticket windows will be in operation during the 2020-21 winter season. Both indoor and outdoor windows will be open, but we encourage all guests to purchase season passes or Costco tickets (direct to lift), punch passes, or pre-purchase lift tickets online for a 5% discount (must be pre-purchased minimum 24 hours in advance).
- Traffic flow within the Day Lodge will look different this year. Please follow the directions.
While we will not require reservations to come skiing or snowboarding, we recommend all guests arrive dressed and ready to go. Season pass holders and Coscto pass tickets are Direct-to-Lift (Metal tags can be found outside the main doors of the Lift Ticket Cash Window). Punch passes still need to be redeemed at the cashier, and new this year are online prepaid lift tickets. Coming with your prepaid lift ticket, punch pass or season pass will allow us to reduce the lines at our ticket windows and guest services.
If you are a season pass holder, we will have mailed you info on how to pick up your pass once you have signed your online waiver, and you have provided a photo for your pass.
Lift tickets and season passes will remain available for purchase on our estore, and at the hill. But we highly recommend purchasing online to reduce that amount of time spent in the lodge.
Cafeteria & Lounge
- When at the resort, face coverings will be required – except when seated at a table and eating.
- As of Dec 13 Food Establishments are to stop table service and are dine-in is no longer permitted. We are transitioning to a pick-up ONLY system in our cafeteria. All guests will enter through the South patio doors to pick up our limited food menu items and exit through the lounge doors. There is no access to seating areas indoors you must eat outside on the wrap-around deck or in your car. Food service will only be provided from 11am to 4pm on weekends/holidays and 3pm to 8pm during the week.
- Tables and chairs will be spread out to allow for proper social distancing.
- When dining you must only be seated with members of your household.
- You can expect to see an updated simplified menu, with only grab and go options.
- We are working to create a temporary tent outside and fire pit for use this winter to assist with extra seating and break from the wind.
- Please leave bags and personal items in your vehicle as there will be very limited storage space – use your vehicle as a hub.
- Restaurant Guidelines will be followed for this space in regards to increased cleaning protocols, only seating with family/cohort groups, and social distancing.
- Lessons can continue under the existing outdoor 10 person limit with mandatory distancing and face covering
- All Snow school staff will be expected and required to wear a face-covering while teaching. Except when able to maintain 2 meters distance. Instructors will no longer be allowed to join students for lunch.
- All Snow School Clients will also be required to wear face coverings will in a lesson.
- Group and private ski and snowboard lessons will be available for all ages this winter.
- Class sizes will be smaller than in past years. Participants will be expected to arrive on the hill ‘lesson ready’, which could mean dressing and preparing equipment in the parking lot or in your vehicle.
- Check-in procedures will be communicated in advance.
- Face coverings will be required during check-in and lessons.
- Watching Passes are no longer available for spectating lessons. If you need to be out on the beginner slope you must purchase a Foot Pass.
- We will continue to rent out skis, snowboards, boots, snowblades, poles, and helmets. All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest with certified AHS approved disinfectant.
- Rental shop will operate at 15% capacity so expect longer wait times as only 12 people allowed in the rental shop at one time.
- Please follow the directional signage and face coverings will be required at all times when in the rental shop. We will have markers in place to assist with social distancing.
Snow Tubing – One of our most popular attractions!
A perfect family activity for adults and kids (must be 42 inches tall) and is great for all abilities levels. Our NEW and improved Edgar HighSpeed Tube Park is now located at the top of the hill, complete with 4 groomed lanes for a fast and thrilling ride! Washrooms are also available at the top of the hill in addition to the tubing ticket window and parking lot. Do not drive down the hill if you are only here for tubing.
This winter we have had to make some changes to prioritize the safety of guests and staff due to Covid-19.
We are operating at a limited capacity and tubing tickets must be pre-purchased online HERE. There is a limited capacity of tickets per 2-hour time blocks of which you can choose. Book early for the best selection. We do expect time slots to sell out. If available, tube tickets may be purchased on the day of your visit.
10am – 12noon
12:45pm – 2:45pm
3:00pm – 5:00pm
No sharing of tubes. Each person must have their own tubes for the entire 2-hour duration. All tubes are sanitized between sessions. Masks are mandatory at all times. Groups are not permitted. Only immediate family members living in the same household as per AHS regulations.
Tube Park Season Pass Holders must pre-book their times. To book, simply call our Guest Services at 403-346-5588 with your name and desired date/time frame. No shows will incur a $5 fee per person as spots are limited and reserved for you. You will be required to have your Season Pass on your person for tubing.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page!