Please “BE THE REASON WE HAVE A SEASON” by following these COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures:
Please do your part and do not visit Canyon Ski Resort if:
You are ill or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- You, or anyone in your household, has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- You, or anyone in your household, has been in close contact with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You are currently being investigated for a suspected case of COVID-19
- You are currently required by Alberta Health Services to isolate or be in quarantine
*Last Updated: Oct 20, 2020*
General Overview & Safety Protocols
- We will have a lot of signage installed around the resort to encourage all guests to self-regulate social distancing when in the parking lots, inside and outside the lodge.
- All staff, volunteers, and guests are required to wear face coverings while inside or outside where 6-foot distancing is not possible. You are only permitted to remove your face covering while eating or drinking.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures have been implemented
- There will be a reduced maximum number of people allowed inside the lodge including the main area, rental shop, and upstairs cafeteria and lounge. As a result, we encourage people to come inside only when necessary and not plan to meet or socialize inside. No one is permitted inside the lodge to get dressed (there is no longer a seating area to get ready in the main floor lobby) you must arrive ready.
- NO outside food or beverages are permitted upstairs in the Cafeteria or Lounge due to decreased seating capacity.
- Hill hours will be different as schools are not permitted to come in the mornings due to bussing.
- The hill may close at -25 degrees Celsius due to restricted lodge access. These changes will be communicated on our website and via our social media channels.
- All staff will be required to do a health screening before every shift and staff who are ill will not be permitted to work.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the lodge
- Wherever possible, physical distancing of two meters will be required.
Accessibility & Drop-off
This year, we have specific Entry and Exit signs in the lodge, please follow them. This is to encourage appropriate distancing and guest safety.
We are modeling New Zealand’s moto of “your car is your basecamp.” Limited lockers and cubbies will be available in the main floor lodge for children’s backpacks. NOTE: There will be ZERO places to sit to get dressed and ready in the lodge, you need to come dressed and ready to go. (This means putting ski/snowboard boots on in the parking lot, or on the picnic tables outside.
- Please leave bags and personal items in your vehicle as there will be no storage space
- There will be limited lockers available for day use. We suggest bringing only what you need to the hill or packing a small backpack you can take on the hill with you.
- No parking out front in the designated handicap stalls.
As always we will aim to have the upper road to the upper parking lot open on weekends and holidays. We are trying to have the upper road open sooner in December if possible. Parents will still be permitted to drop off both up top and in front of the lodge, in a STOP and GO fashion, NO parking.
Day Lift Tickets & Season Passes
We ask that only one person per party go inside to make the lift ticket purchase. You will be able to pre-purchase lift tickets online for a 5% discount but they can only be purchased a minimum of one day before (until noon). We will provide a link HERE once online tickets are available to purchase.
- Lift tickets are only valid for the day they are purchased. No rainchecks, no refunds, or credits will be provided for unused tickets. Tickets may be limited so that we may encourage social distancing within peak times, so it’s best to buy ahead. You will be given an online receipt that you will present at the ticket window to redeem your valid lift ticket. We will have markers to help with social distancing but ask that you leave at least 6 feet of distance between parties while waiting.
- Ticket windows will be in operation during the 2020-21 winter season. Both indoor and outdoor windows will be open, but we encourage all guests to purchase season passes or Costco tickets (direct to lift), punch passes, or pre-purchase lift tickets online for a 5% discount (must be pre-purchased minimum 24 hours in advance).
- Traffic flow within the Day Lodge will look different this year. Please follow the directions.
While we will not require reservations to come skiing or snowboarding, we recommend all guests arrive dressed and ready to go. Season pass holders and Coscto pass tickets are Direct-to-Lift (Metal tags can be found outside the main doors of the Lift Ticket Cash Window). Punch passes still need to be redeemed at the cashier, and new this year are online prepaid lift tickets. Coming with your prepaid lift ticket, punch pass or season pass will allow us to reduce the lines at our ticket windows and guest services.
If you are a season pass holder, we will have mailed you info on how to pick up your pass once you have signed your online waiver, and you have provided a photo for your pass.
Lift tickets and season passes will remain available for purchase on our estore, and at the hill. But we highly recommend purchasing online to reduce that amount of time spent in the lodge.
Cafeteria & Lounge
- When at the resort, face coverings will be required – except when seated at a table and eating.
- Throughout the resort, we will have reduced seating in our lodge.
- Tables and chairs will be spread out to allow for proper social distancing.
- You can expect to see an updated simplified menu, including more grab and go options.
- We are working to create a temporary tent outside and fire pit for use this winter to assist with extra seating and break from the wind. Unfortunately, due to seating restrictions, our seating capacity will be limited, therefore NO outside food or beverage will be permitted anywhere upstairs at ANYTIME.
- All Seating on the second floor in the cafeteria/lounge is for paying patrons ONLY.
- As lodge space is limited, we encourage all guests to limit their time eating in the lodge to 30 mins max and choose to eat before or after the lunch/dinner rushes. Pack your own lunch or eat outside the lodge or in your own car. During peak lunch or dinner times a 20-minute maximum limit will be in place.
- Please leave bags and personal items in your vehicle as there will be no storage space – use your vehicle as a hub.
- Restaurant Guidelines will be followed for this space in regards to increased cleaning protocols and limiting seating and social distancing.
- All Snow school staff will be expected and required to wear a face-covering while teaching. Except when able to maintain 2 meters distance. Instructors will no longer be allowed to join students for lunch.
- All Snow School Clients will also be required to wear face coverings will in a lesson.
- Group and private ski and snowboard lessons will be available for all ages this winter.
- Class sizes will be smaller than in past years. Participants will be expected to arrive on the hill ‘lesson ready’, which could mean dressing and preparing equipment in the parking lot or in your vehicle.
- Check-in procedures will be communicated in advance.
- Face coverings will be required during check-in and lessons.
- We will continue to rent out skis, snowboards, boots, snowblades, poles, and helmets. All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest with certified AHS approved disinfectant.
- Please follow the directional signage and face coverings will be required at all times when in the rental shop. We will have markers in place to assist with social distancing.
Canyon’s Tube Park will be open and in operation for the 2020/2021 Winter Season with maximum capacities in place to ensure guest safety. More information to come.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page!