Please “BE THE REASON WE HAVE A SEASON” by following these COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures:
Please do your part and do not visit Canyon Ski Resort if you answer yes to any of the following:
Have you traveled outside Canada within the last 14 days?
Or been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
Do you have a fever, or cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath?
*Last Updated: Nov 3 2021*
General Overview of Restrictions for the 21/22 Season
Although the restrictions are changing regularly, we are committed to providing a safe outdoor recreation experience for all to enjoy. We will continue to follow the recommendations of AHS and recognize that these may change throughout the season and appreciate your patience as we navigate this winter together.
- We will not require guests to show proof of vaccine or negative test in order to participate in skiing, snowboarding, or tubing.
- Face coverings will remain mandatory in all indoor settings, line ups, while riding the lifts, and in snow school lessons.
- You are not required to wear a face covering while riding down the hill, but we will require a face coverings in all other areas where the 6 foot distancing is not possible.
- While indoors, you are only permitted to remove your face covering while eating or drinking.
- The main floor, guest services and rental shop will be operating at a reduced capacity of 1/3. As a result, we encourage people to come inside only when necessary and not plan to get dressed or socialize indoors.
- The hill may close at -25 degrees (not including windchill) Celsius due to restricted lodge access. These changes will be communicated on our website and via our social media channels.
- All staff will be required to do a health screening before every shift and staff who are ill will not be permitted to work.
- Those arriving in cohorts / families will be welcome to load our lifts as normal (to capacity). Singles will not be forced to load our lifts with those outside their cohort.
Lodge Accessibility & Drop-off
- We are keeping the mainfloor of the lodge accessible to everyone, and as such are required to operate at 1/3 capacity.
- Access to guest services and rental shop will be reduced to 1/3 capacity, so expect potentially longer wait times as a result.
- Limited lockers and cubbies will be available in the main floor lodge for backpacks. NOTE: There will be ZERO places to sit to get dressed and ready in the lodge, you need to come dressed and ready to go. (This means putting ski/snowboard boots on in the parking lot, or on the picnic tables outside.)
- Main-floor lodge access will be only for bathrooms, guest services, and rentals. There will be no access to the upstairs food court.
- There will be limited lockers available for day use. We suggest bringing only what you need to the hill or packing a small backpack you can take on the hill with you.
- No parking out front in the lodge. Please respect the 5 minute drop-off zone.
Parents will still be permitted to drop off both up top and in front of the lodge, in a STOP and GO fashion, NO parking.
We aim to have the upper road to the NEW Upper Village open for December 4th.
Day Lift Tickets, Multi-Day Passes & Season Passes
Canyon Ski Resort intends to continue limiting daily ticket sales, for the 21-22 season.
- We strongly encourage our guests to pre-purchase their tickets online prior to arriving at the resort. Walk-up tickets are not guaranteed and based on availability. During high volume periods (weekends + holidays), we may sell out of all available tickets online, in advance. This would leave no walk-up ticket availability at our ticket windows.
We strongly encourage guests to pre-purchase tickets We ask that only one person per party go inside to make the lift ticket purchase. You will be able to pre-purchase lift tickets online to secure your spot at the resort, but they can only be purchased a minimum of one day before (until 5pm). Tickets can be pre-purchased HERE.
- Lift tickets are only valid for the day they are purchased. No rainchecks, no refunds, or credits will be provided for unused tickets. Tickets may be limited so that we may encourage social distancing within peak times, so it’s best to buy ahead. You will be given an online receipt that you will present at the ticket window to redeem your valid lift ticket. We will have markers to help with social distancing but ask that you leave at least 6 feet of distance between parties while waiting.
- Ticket windows will be in operation during the 2021-22 winter season. Both indoor and outdoor windows will be open, but we encourage only those requiring rentals and lessons to visit the indoor ticket window.
- Pre-Purchasing your tickets online (at least 24 hours prior) guarantees your access even if we have sold out of walk-up tickets that day. Those with pre-purchased Costco tickets and Multi-Day passes do not have to make a reservation and will not be turned away (even if we have ceased walk-ups ticket sales for that day).
- Please consider visiting us during the mid-week as weekends are often busy and sell out.
- Traffic flow within the Day Lodge will look different this year. Please follow the directions.
While we will not require reservations to come skiing or snowboarding, we recommend all guests arrive dressed and ready to go. Season pass holders, Multi-Day pass holders and Coscto tickets are Direct-to-Lift (Metal tags can be found outside the main doors of the Lift Ticket Cash Window).
Lift tickets will remain available for purchase on our estore, and on a walk-up basis at the hill (only while supplies last). But we highly recommend purchasing online to guarantee your spot.
Food & Beverage
For the 2nd-floor food court, we will once again be offering take-out as an option to all guests.
Take out from the New Upper Village food and beverage area will also soon be available! We hope to have this upper village auxiliary take-out window with a new exciting menu open starting December 4th.
Upon completion of this upper village food and beverage area and AHS approval, in-person dining will also be made available in our indoor dining space in the Upper Village. Opening date TBD.
We will allow in-person dining in our 2nd floor food court enforcing the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program (REP). This will mean that all guests ages 12 & up who want to dine in, will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination, or proof of a privately paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service.
- All Snow school staff will be expected and required to wear a face-covering while teaching. Except when able to maintain 2 meters distance. Instructors will no longer be allowed to join students for lunch.
- All Snow School Clients will also be required to wear face coverings will in a lesson.
- Group and private ski and snowboard lessons will be available for all ages this winter.
- Class sizes will be smaller than in past years. Participants will be expected to arrive on the hill ‘lesson ready’, which could mean dressing and preparing equipment in the parking lot or in your vehicle.
- Check-in procedures will be communicated in advance.
- Face coverings will be required during check-in and lessons.
- Watching Passes are no longer available for spectating lessons. If you need to be out on the beginner slope you must purchase a Foot Pass.
- We will continue to rent out skis, snowboards, boots, snowblades, poles, and helmets. All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest with a certified AHS approved disinfectant.
- Rental shop will operate at 1/3 capacity so expect longer wait times.
- Please follow the directional signage and face coverings will be required at all times when in the rental shop. We will have markers in place to assist with social distancing.
NEW 6 LANE EDGAR HIGHSPEED TUBE PARK WITH GLOW NIGHT TUBING
A perfect family activity for adults and kids (must be 36 inches tall) and is great for all abilities levels. Our NEW and improved Edgar HighSpeed Tube Park is located at the top of the hill, complete with 6 groomed lanes for a fast and thrilling ride! Washrooms are also available at the top of the hill in addition to the tubing ticket window and parking lot.
Do not drive down the hill if you are only here for tubing.
Tube tickets must be pre-purchased to secure your spot. There is a limited capacity of tickets per 2-hour time blocks of which you can choose. Book early for the best selection. Time slots often sell out. If available, tube tickets may be purchased on the day of your visit.
For tubing availability, please visit our webstore.
No sharing of tubes. Each person must have their own tubes for the entire 2-hour duration. All tubes are sanitized between sessions. Face coverings are mandatory at all times.
Tube Park tickets are only valid for the date and time they are booked for. No rainchecks, no refunds, or credits will be provided for unused tickets.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page!